Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP Setup IAP 105s

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  DHCP Setup IAP 105s

Posted Feb 03, 2015 09:28 PM

Hi all,

This is probably a very basic question which has been answered numerous times in documentation and through questions, however i am having some trouble locating specific documentation for it so was hoping you guys could help.

I am setting up 5 IAP 105s across a building and would like to set them up to use their own DHCP server as to seperate the wireless clients from the wired. I have the wired network on 192.168.0.X and would like to set up the WAPs to broadcast 192.168.50.X however i am having some trouble.

I have created a local DHCP scope and am finding that the IAPs are giving both the 192.168.0.X address' and 192.168.50.X addresses, and as far as i can tell, it seems to be quite random which device receives which address.

Would anyone be able to suggest why this may be occuring?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: DHCP Setup IAP 105s

Posted Feb 04, 2015 01:29 AM

Hi,

I believe you have created the Local scope properly. this is how IAP DHCP works,

When you create a Local DHCP scope, IAP will provide IP address, VC will be the Gateway and the traffic from the client will be Source NATed with the VC IP address.

Once we create the Local DHCP scope (Mapped to a VLAN) we can map it to the SSID.

For your ref :

DHCP local.JPG

DHCP local2.JPG

Hope you got some clarity,

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: DHCP Setup IAP 105s

Posted Feb 11, 2015 06:21 PM

Thanks for that Venu,

I ended up configuring the DHCP settings in system and then using the virtual controller for DHCP. This seems to be working fine for my purposes at the moment.

The only other issue is i wanted to set up a guest ssid which would have different restrictions and be on a different subnet, i used the settings you suggested to try to set up this, however am running into the problem whereby anyone who connects to the network will get a windows 169 address. Do you have any idea why this might be happening?

• 4.  RE: DHCP Setup IAP 105s

Posted Feb 15, 2015 10:15 AM

a 169 address usually points to DHCP not working. did you create another network and also different dhcp scope?

show your config please.