Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

Posted Dec 03, 2014 01:47 AM

Hi Experts,

Is there any guide how to delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central. I am trying to remove old Virtual Controller but unable to find how to delete. Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

Posted Jan 29, 2019 02:05 PM

It's pretty unbelievable that no one has replied to this.

• 3.  RE: Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 02:46 PM

Anybody can can answer the question.  It is a  100

% volunteer forum.

• 4.  RE: Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

Posted Jan 29, 2019 03:32 PM

Yes, I understand that. But I am trying to find this information as well. Aruba Central isn't very intuitive for those new to it.

• 5.  RE: Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 03:36 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Acommunity.arubanetworks.com+aruba+central+delete&rlz=1CAASUL_enUS808&oq=site%3Acommunity.arubanetworks.com+aruba+central+delete&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i58.12803j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Try the above google search of this site.  Aruba Central has changed over the years, so it is possible that the original answer to this question, has also changed since 2014.

• 6.  RE: Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 03:37 PM

Please also break the cycle and post if any of those links worked for you.

• 7.  RE: Delete Virtual Controller in Aruba Central

Posted Feb 06, 2019 03:59 PM

OK guys. I got to spend a little time working on this and I am circling back to give a little feedback.

You can't manually delete a virtual controller in Aruba Central (at least not at this time as far as I can tell). But what you can do is remove the IAP's subscription from Central by going to Subscription Management, unchecking the IAP's that are in the Virtual Controller you want to remove and unsubscribing them from Central. As an added measure I SSH'd into the IAP and erased the config and rebooted.

Then you can re-subscrobe the IAP's you removed and erased to Central by checking their boxes in Subscription Management, and assigning them to whatever group you want, effectivly moving them to a new group and/or VC.

That VC I wanted to delete after moving the IAP's out of was still there for a while. It seems that if you leave a VC empty with no members for a whle, Central just removes it entirely. This is just a guess since I logged in to check after a week and the VC I wanted to delete had disappeared.

Correct me if I am wrong, but all you need to delete a virtual controller in central is to just empty it of all IAP members and let it delete itself after a period of time.

Hope this helps.