Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath

I have a customer running Instant OS and deploying Cloudpath for onboarding. I know how to configure Cloudpath for Ruckus and Cisco. I am stuck getting the MAC registration redirect back to the Instant controller for authorization. Cloudpath has a few pre-populated buttons for the authorization redirects, including Aruba. My guess is that it was written for a physical mobility controller, not Instant. Does anyone have the specific URL that Instant needs for Cloudpath to send the authorized MAC address to with the post information? Thanks!URL example pre-configured within CloudpathURL example pre-configured within Cloudpath

Guru Elite

Re: Help with Instant OS mac authentication guest access using Cloudpath

It is the same for controllers and Instant. The FQDN will be the common name of your captive portal certificate.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

So, using https://${switchip}/auth/index.html/u where "${switchip}" can be replaced by the FQDN and it should redirect the client back to Instant to drop the walled garden and authorize the MAC address? Am I understanding that correctly?

Guru Elite

The common name of the certificate, yes.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Oh, of the certificate. Ok. Normally with Ruckus or Cisco, it's the IP or name of the controller itself. Thank you for that clarification. I guess Cloudpath got it wrong when they include IP in the requirement for it.  Thank you very much.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: