Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I reset the Aruba Instant password of I forget the admin password?

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  How do I reset the Aruba Instant password of I forget the admin password?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 10:35 AM

Hello to all, 

I would like your help in one thing. I want to know if is there a way to reset the admin password for IAP, i search and find some topics saying to use "admin" and password as "forgetme!" but no success. Can you guys help me on it ?

• 2.  RE: How do I reset the Aruba Instant password of I forget the admin password?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2015 01:08 PM

IIRC that option was removed from the IAP for security concerns. You will need to reset the IAP via the reset hole on the back.

• 3.  RE: How do I reset the Aruba Instant password of I forget the admin password?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 01:21 PM

Is the IAP in a cluster or in Airwave?  If not you can console in, Hit <enter> to stop auto boot and factory reset the IAP.

Looks like they removed the forgetme! option...

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/how-to-recover-password-for-IAP-135-if-we-forgot-password/td-p/228108

• 4.  RE: How do I reset the Aruba Instant password of I forget the admin password?

Posted Aug 19, 2015 01:28 PM

Hello to all, 

The Iap's are in a cluster mode, However, I try to reset the IAP.

Thank you all,

John.