Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Enable AppRF Visibility Feature on IAP 135 US Version

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to Enable AppRF Visibility Feature on IAP 135 US Version

Posted Jul 25, 2014 11:07 PM

I have several IAP-135 installed at various locations. I upgraded to OS Version 6.4.0.2-4.1.0.0_44004 recently. No issues with the upgrade.

However, after the upgrade/reboot, I enabled the AppRF Visibility feature on the System/General tab.

A few moments later, the AppRF tab appears on the main dashboard for the IAP.

When I click on the AppRF, I get the message: Web Category NO-DATA and Web Reputation NO DATA

followed by:    Application and Application category is not support on this AP Platform.

Is AppRF Visibility not support on the IAP-135 US Version?

Anthony

• 2.  RE: How to Enable AppRF Visibility Feature on IAP 135 US Version
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 25, 2014 11:42 PM
    AppRF is only fully supported on IAP-103, IAP-11x, IAP-20x, IAP-22x, IAP-27x, RAP-10x, and RAP-155. The 135 supports web filtering but not DPI.
    #RAP155

• 3.  RE: How to Enable AppRF Visibility Feature on IAP 135 US Version

Posted Jul 25, 2014 11:43 PM

AppRF is broken into two categories: Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and Web-Classification.

DPI provides controll for : application and application category.

The IAP-13x, IAP-104/105, RAP-3, and IAP-9x do not support DPI -- hence the message that Application and Application Category are not supported.  They do support Web-Classification.

• 4.  RE: How to Enable AppRF Visibility Feature on IAP 135 US Version

Posted Jul 29, 2014 10:16 AM

Thanks for the info!