Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure AP-367 to run on Aruba Instant?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to configure AP-367 to run on Aruba Instant?

Posted Mar 23, 2017 04:41 PM

Hi,

We have 2pcs AP-367 devices. Both the website and informational pdfs said it can run with Instant OS. The device came with a piece of paper that says it can run with Instant OS. The document says refer to Aruba Instant User Guide. In which I cannot find the proper chapter or topic where this process is discussed. Please advise! Thank you!

• 2.  RE: How to configure AP-367 to run on Aruba Instant?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 07:15 PM

The actual Instant code is not release yet, so you would need to get it first. From there, you would stand up the UAP (AP-367) on a vlan that doesn't have a controller, no other IAPs, and a network that doesn't have DHCP option 43/60 or a dns entry for aruba-master (if your site has a controller). Once it comes up and doesn't find an instant cluster and no controller, it will broadcast a provisioning SSID. You can connect to that and then upload the IAP code. 

What region are you in (country, region/state, area, etc) and I can loop in your local account team to help you since you got some product before the code was released (you can IM it to me if you need to). Thanks

• 3.  RE: How to configure AP-367 to run on Aruba Instant?

Posted Mar 24, 2017 02:46 AM

Hi,

I'm in Hungary, Europe. 

Please link me to the support, because I will need the Instant OS on our 367s. Do you need any other details? Thank you!

• 4.  RE: How to configure AP-367 to run on Aruba Instant?

Posted Apr 08, 2018 08:18 PM

Does anyone know the credentials to log into the SSID on these UAP-367's? I've tried admin/admin and it doesn't work (gave it a reset too for good measure).

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: How to configure AP-367 to run on Aruba Instant?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2018 08:58 PM

the setmeupxxxx SSID should be open....   After you associate you should go to "setmeup.arubanetworks.com" to bring up the admin page.  The username and password of the admin page should both be "admin".