Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to prevent RAP-155 from downloading previous owners Config?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to prevent RAP-155 from downloading previous owners Config?

Posted Jun 06, 2018 09:12 PM
    Newbie question but I haven't figured out how to search for it with the right terms. This is for a used unit that seems to have been set up for cloud / remote management. Situation is that I can factory reset and add it to my 6.5.4.7 Instant cluster just fine as long as there is no internet connection. As soon as I connect the internet it back rev's itself to 6.4.x.x, reboots out of the cluster and changes the login so I can't get in any more. I've looked at the console logs and system info output but don't see where it has a Cloud setting that I could clear before connecting to the web. Two other RAP-155 units came into the cluster just fine and don't have this issue.

Could someone please advise me on how to either disable/clear this feature or at least what the actual mechanism is? I'm not afraid of cli or the manual but could use some direction as to where in the 800+ pages to look...

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: How to prevent RAP-155 from downloading previous owners Config?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 09:32 PM

It seems like that access point is still part of Aruba Central.  You should contact technical support here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/support-program/contact-support to see what can be done about that.