Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to verify if an AP-105 is a model that can be convert to an Instant AP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How to verify if an AP-105 is a model that can be convert to an Instant AP

Posted Aug 26, 2014 12:02 PM

We have some AP-105 that we want to convert to Instant AP. We reset those AP to factory default but they do not broadcast the default Instant SSID. 

I tried to do the factory reset by pressing the reset button for more than 5 seconde when it boot.

I've also try to reset by the consol port with a purge, save, boot. but it still not broadcast the SSID. 

My understanting is that if the AP  have a reset button, it should be able to convert to an Instant AP?

Does the AP-105 that can't be convert also have the hole in the casing but no reset button at the bottom? 

Is there an other way to quickly confirm that the AP-105 can't be convert?

Thank you,

Jonathan

• 2.  RE: How to verify if an AP-105 is a model that can be convert to an Instant AP
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2014 12:13 PM

There are two product families: controller-based APs and InstantAPs.   While they both use the same HW the software installed at the factory is different.

A controller-based AP can only be a controller-based AP.

An InstantAP starts as an IAP and can be converted to work with an external Aruba controller and can even revert back to IAP.

Look on the back of your AP-105 and you will find a small white sticker.  If is says "AP-105" that is controller-based.  If is says "IAP-105" then it is an InstantAP.

• 3.  RE: How to verify if an AP-105 is a model that can be convert to an Instant AP

Posted Aug 26, 2014 02:12 PM

Ok thanks, every AP that I checked was regular AP. I was not sure if the it was written IAP on the Instant AP.

Thank you

Jonathan