Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

How would you track down a bridging client?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How would you track down a bridging client?

Posted May 29, 2013 11:55 AM

Yesterday (about 4:20pm according to Airwave) the WLAN at store 6 justmed from 7 clients to 27 -- most of them on AP3-1.

After panicking about our super-secret PSK getting shared (or cracked) I realized that the list of client MAC addresses were all from our wired client VLAN.

In the iAP GUI I see 20+ clients associated to AP3-1, including the VRRP MAC address of our routers on the wired VLAN.

This makes me feel better -- no bad guy -- but worse -- how to track it down?

In the Support dialog, I run:

"show ap association" and see just one entry -- the MAC address belonging to our in-store terminal server which is wired only, so couldn't be the actually associated device.

"show ap client table" and see three entries -- a Xerox printer (with no WiFi adapter), a wired IP camera and a wired Dell thin client, all with no WLAN adapter.

I was hoping to see an actual wireless-associated device which I could then blame for bridging the wired space into the wireless space. What else should I look for?