Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 104 Home Deployment

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 104 Home Deployment

Posted Oct 31, 2013 09:31 PM

What antenna would you recommend for a IAP 104 deployment in a large home?

• 2.  RE: IAP 104 Home Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2013 09:55 PM

If it is large home and there are walls and furniture, you probably will not be able to cover it with a single access point.  External antennas do not increase the output power: they change the "shape" of the radiated power; so if you have a directional antenna, it will put more power in one direction and less in the opposite direction.  You are better off using multiple access points or use external antennas if you want the coverage to be "shaped" in a way that does not resemble the 105s coverage.

• 3.  RE: IAP 104 Home Deployment

Posted Oct 31, 2013 10:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. 

The home is about 5500 sq ft.  I am deploying 3 IAP 104's, one on each floor.  Would you use the AP-ANT-1F?

• 4.  RE: IAP 104 Home Deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2013 10:41 PM

@Deltr0nz wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

The home is about 5500 sq ft.  I am deploying 3 IAP 104's, one on each floor.  Would you use the AP-ANT-1F?

The 1F will give it a more doughnut-shaped type of coverage which covers more horizontal area than an AP105.  That is what I would use, if that is what type of coverge you want.

• 5.  RE: IAP 104 Home Deployment

Posted Nov 01, 2013 03:21 PM

What gain should I be using for 2.4 and 5.

The website suggests 2dbi for the 2.4 and 5dbi for the 5.

Is this correct?