Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105 issues with Xbox 360 and Media Center Extenders

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP-105 issues with Xbox 360 and Media Center Extenders

Posted Jan 29, 2013 05:51 PM

Hello all,

I'm having an issue where I can't get my Xbox 360 (2.4Ghz) and Linksys DMA2200 Media Center Extender (5Ghz) to stay connected at anything above 54Mbits on my IAP-105. I can get the Xbox to sometimes briefly connect at 802.11n speeds, but then it flips back to 54Mbits speeds.

Anyone else having these kind of issues? All my other Windows laptops, iPads/iPhones, and Linux devices all connect at the correct 802.11n higher speeds. 

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: IAP-105 issues with Xbox 360 and Media Center Extenders

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2013 08:00 PM

You probably will have to open a TAC case, because it looks to be client-specific. Support would have to gather detailed information from you about why this happens.

• 3.  RE: IAP-105 issues with Xbox 360 and Media Center Extenders

Posted Jan 29, 2013 10:59 PM

May be unrelated, but I had issues with Media Center Extenders on networks that had band-steering turned on.   I ended up just turning it off; and ultimately hardwiring them in the long run; but figured I'd mention the band-steering issue I had (this was AP-105 and AP-125; controller-based).

• 4.  RE: IAP-105 issues with Xbox 360 and Media Center Extenders

Posted Mar 30, 2013 02:48 AM

I ended up creating two seperate SSID networks. One only 2.4ghz, the other 5ghz. It seems like the Xbox 360 kept warning me that there were duplicate network names anytime I picked the network that was dual band. Splitting them up fixed my problem.