Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105 lost config after power outage. No experience with these, how to connect to AC again?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-105 lost config after power outage. No experience with these, how to connect to AC again?

Posted Sep 09, 2014 08:44 PM

We have six IAP-105's, I've never worked with them before (new job).  We had a power outage and one IAP-105 lost all it's config.  I've connected to Instant wifi and tried to configure static IP and also tried converting to Campus AP, but neither get it communicating with the main controller.

What is the simplest way to connect my device to the master virtual controller?  Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: IAP-105 lost config after power outage. No experience with these, how to connect to AC again?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2014 08:57 PM
    Ensure that the port the IAP is plugged into is in the same VLAN as the other IAP

• 3.  RE: IAP-105 lost config after power outage. No experience with these, how to connect to AC again?

Posted Sep 10, 2014 09:30 AM
    It's possible someone never wrote a vlan change to memory in the switch and power outage caused it to lose it.