Controllerless Networks

Frequent Contributor I

IAP - 175

Can IAP 175 do point to point bridging in between the building? Because i have go through the IAP (IAP - 105) OS web console configuration page but don't have such as setting to configure the IAP 175 as a point to point bridging.

Re: IAP - 175

LAN to LAN wireless bridging is not yet supported on IAP175.

This can be accomplished with a pair of MST200's and it is supported on AP-175 with controller.

Eric Johnson

Product Manager

Outdoor Solutions

Aruba Networks

Occasional Contributor II

I know this post is a year old, but just wanted to check to see if a wireless bridge is now possible with an IAP-175 with the latest code.  It is just a basic point-to-point wireless bridge, not a mesh deployment, which would require MSR series routers.

Is this now possible?

I believe this was added in v.3.1 back in Sept. '12.  Take a look at the IAP User's Guide for "Wired Bridging".

If this is just a P2P link you might take a look at our MST200.  This is part of the AirMesh family and is a single-radio (5GHz) AP with an integrated high-gain directional antenna.  This is perfect for a P2P link and will be a better value in this case.

Thank you, Marcus.  The MST200 seems like a great solution.  

I've been checking the data sheets on the MST200.  Does it require a controller to function or can they run without a controller?

All AirMesh APs are autonomous.  No controller needed.

Perfect.  Just what I needed.  Thank you very much, Marcus.  I greatly appreciate it.

Occasional Contributor I

as per arubapedia, iap-175 also support bridging.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: