Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-205-US & IAP-275-US Compatibility?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP-205-US & IAP-275-US Compatibility?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 12:51 PM

Just got a new IAP-275-US, trying to add it into a VC cluster with IAP-205-US's, I manually updated the firmware on the 275 to match the 205's (6.5.4.4). When the IAP booted up, it'd consistently elect itself as a new master, so I added these two lines at the apboot prompt:

iap_controller_less 1

iap_master 0

Now the 275 boots & tries to join the VC cluster, but it fails, the VC shows: AP register fail because of regulatory domain mismatch & the 'show log system' is giving me: AP regulatory domains don't match Master-0, slave-200, reason-4

Am I missing something obvious on this? Thanks for the help/advice!

• 2.  RE: IAP-205-US & IAP-275-US Compatibility?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 06:11 PM

You might want to try the latest software, to avoid any existing bugs if possible.

After that, a show tech, when the issue occurs, from the master and the slave 275 will be appreciated.

• 3.  RE: IAP-205-US & IAP-275-US Compatibility?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 10:30 PM

We ended up RMA'ing the device- we went through a few different options, firmware, config, etc. We ended up never getting the device to truly act "like an IAP" -- seemed to keep throwing errors like an AP-275 would have. 

Props to TAC!