Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP 205 using wifi uplink

Does anyone know how to enable it? - Im facing greate trouble with it.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/InstantHTML/Content/Chapter9%20Uplink%20Configuration/ConfigureWiFIUL.htm

Followed this guide

Aruba Employee

Re: IAP 205 using wifi uplink

WiFi Uplink isn't supported on 11ac APs.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Occasional Contributor I

So to extend the wireless signal, i need to purchase some new iaps?

What i need is to extend the Wireless signal where i dont have access to a wired port - i have been looking in to mesh, but i dont think it will work like i want. 

/Nikolaj

Guru Elite

Yes. This is called wireless mesh. 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

I have tried to setup mesh on two IAP-205-RW, but cant get it working.

Im also using af POE adapter to get it powered up, i dont know if that could be the cause why it isnt working.

When setting up Mesh i followed the steps in the userguide: "Setting up Instant Mesh Network" - but when i come to the step where i should disconnect my AP, it isnt working - its just rebooting and the light is yellow in 2,4/5ghz - i was wondering if i need to use a power adapter insted of the POE-Adapter?

It also says in the guide "Mesh is by default disabled" - how do i enable it?

/Nikolaj

Guru Elite

Please see here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Configure-a-basic-Instant-mesh/ta-p/205027

Go straight to the section "

New Mesh Provisioning Procedure in 4.1

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

So if im correct, mesh is NOT working on 11AC platforms?

1. All 11AC platforms, e.g. IAP22x (Ardmore), IAP27x(k2);
Guru Elite

npabst,

I apologize.  I should have looked at the model of your access point.  Mesh Does work in IAP 4.2.0.0 and above for 802.11ac access points.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Its okay, but could i be a problem that im using a POE-adapter? Or should i use a normal power adapter, so I dont use the ethernet port.

And how do I enable the MESH portal?

World it work with only two Aps?
Guru Elite

You can either use a POE injector or power adapter

For mesh, the same instructions in the article here apply (Instant 4.1 and above):  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Configure-a-basic-Instant-mesh/ta-p/205027

It would work with only 2 APs, yes.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: