Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-225 Cluster does not show overview data for all APs on one floor

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-225 Cluster does not show overview data for all APs on one floor

Posted Aug 07, 2015 05:34 PM

Hi All, I have a small deployment of 4 IAP-225s that I'm trying to put in and have run into an interesting issue. 

I have 2 APs on one floor of our building, and 2 APs on another floor, all are in the same VC and all are on the same subnet. I have employee ssid set up with RADIUS which is working fine and users can connect from all APs. My problem is that on the APs that are on a different floor I cannot see client count number, or any neighboring AP/CPU/Memory/etc data from the overview pane. If I click on the AP I can see associated clients but it still shows "--" as count. The spectrum tab is also missing on both of the problem APs.

I'm thinking there must be some networking issue, what ports should be open between all APs so that data is shared, is it only PAPI (8211) ?

Thank you,

n151

#AP225

• 2.  RE: IAP-225 Cluster does not show overview data for all APs on one floor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2015 04:14 AM
    See if it is the same with a different browser

• 3.  RE: IAP-225 Cluster does not show overview data for all APs on one floor

Posted Aug 10, 2015 11:20 AM

It shows the same in multiple browsers. Although after logging back in after the weekend, the two problem IAPs now show clients and the sectrum tab. Though there is still no monitoring overview data.

What could prevent this information from reaching the VC ? How is the data sent to the VC?