Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

IAP Centralized L2 DHCP - Get IP but can't pass web traffic

Some basics of our setup. 

- 2 x 3200 controllers in 2 different datacenters that RAPs and one office site use. 

- 7 other sites that use IAPs (mix of 105s, 225s and 325s) with their own virtual controllers per site.

- A mix of a few SSIDs that are the same across all sites and use ClearPass. 

All of the above works flawlessly.

What I am trying to do is setup an SSID with a centralized L2 DHCP that emulates a home network for testing. There are times we need to be able to act like we are working from home to test certain applications like Citrix etc. 

I have a completely separate internet link going through a separate firewall and router in our primary data center. I've set up the SSID and the centralized L2 DHCP scope in the virtual controllers. I have the correct VLAN assigned and it is in all switches across my entire network. 

I also have it setup in the 3200 controllers so that the RAPs and the one site that does not have instant APs can use it as well. 

What works: The RAPs and controller based APs have no problems and it works as needed. 

What does NOT work: In the instant APs I get a DHCP address, can resolve DNS and ping anywhere in the world, however I cannot pass HTTP/HTTPS traffic and open web pages. 

I am probably overlooking something in the virtual controllers, but cant seem to figure out what it is. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Jeff

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: