Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

IAP Centralized L2 DHCP - Get IP but can't pass web traffic

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP Centralized L2 DHCP - Get IP but can't pass web traffic

Posted Sep 11, 2017 11:25 AM

Some basics of our setup. 

- 2 x 3200 controllers in 2 different datacenters that RAPs and one office site use. 

- 7 other sites that use IAPs (mix of 105s, 225s and 325s) with their own virtual controllers per site.

- A mix of a few SSIDs that are the same across all sites and use ClearPass. 

All of the above works flawlessly.

What I am trying to do is setup an SSID with a centralized L2 DHCP that emulates a home network for testing. There are times we need to be able to act like we are working from home to test certain applications like Citrix etc. 

I have a completely separate internet link going through a separate firewall and router in our primary data center. I've set up the SSID and the centralized L2 DHCP scope in the virtual controllers. I have the correct VLAN assigned and it is in all switches across my entire network. 

I also have it setup in the 3200 controllers so that the RAPs and the one site that does not have instant APs can use it as well. 

What works: The RAPs and controller based APs have no problems and it works as needed. 

What does NOT work: In the instant APs I get a DHCP address, can resolve DNS and ping anywhere in the world, however I cannot pass HTTP/HTTPS traffic and open web pages. 

I am probably overlooking something in the virtual controllers, but cant seem to figure out what it is. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Jeff