Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP WPA2-PSK

Posted Aug 14, 2014 08:33 AM

Do you guys know is a space a valid character for a PSK in instant mode?  For Example: 12345 678

It seems as soon as I put the space in the PSK the client fails to connect.  If I take it out then they do so my guess is no its not supported but figured I would ask incase anyone has any work arounds.  I have a customer that is replacing an older system where they had a space so if I change it I have to touch all 150 devices so I just want to make sure before I tell him he has to do it.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

• 2.  RE: IAP WPA2-PSK

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2014 09:16 AM

I just tried it on 4.0.0.7 and it worked.  I used "12345 678"

• 3.  RE: IAP WPA2-PSK

Posted Aug 14, 2014 09:36 AM

Hi,

you can put 8 to 63 printable ASCII symbols in an WPA2-PSK.

Space is an printable ASCII symbol, so you should be able to use it.

Regards,

Thomas

• 4.  RE: IAP WPA2-PSK

Posted Aug 14, 2014 09:59 AM

I'm the customer John posted on behalf of.  

I have a constant ping opened up to a wifi nic that is testing on these networks.  The curious thing is after a change applies the nic will respond to a ping for a short time say 5 seconds to a minute depending but over time it will fail, the pings time out and the card sits at "attempting to authenticate."  I've attempted this with upper case, lower case, and symbols both with and without spaces.  From my tests the failure only occurs when the space is in the passphrase.  We even tried a passphrase consisting only if 8 spaces.  It too will connect for a short while then fail.

The firmware version is 6.3.1.4.-4.0.0.6_44126

AP model 115

• 5.  RE: IAP WPA2-PSK

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2014 10:01 AM
    Please try upgrading to 4.0.0.7

Sent from my iPhone

• 6.  RE: IAP WPA2-PSK
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2014 11:05 AM

Mike from Moss sent me updated code, the check for updates version wouldn't pull anything newer than what I listed.

4.1.0.1 seemed to fix this issue for me.

-Mike