Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP and Skype for Business

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  IAP and Skype for Business

Posted Jun 22, 2017 04:30 PM

Hello.

In Skype for Business deployment we have GPO on the stations to mark DSCP 46 for voice and DSCP 34 for video.

The wired network makes honor to these values so I have configured in the  IAPs WMM voice DSCP 46 and WMM video DSCP 34 and the downstream
    (from IAP to stations) works fine.

The problem is in upstream (from client to IAP) the GPO at station marks packets with these values so WMM (*) marks all as video (DSCP 34)
    and the IAP delivers all the traffic to the switch with this value.

Is there any way to identify the application in the IAP to remark these packets to my desire values? Any other option?

(*) DSCP to WMM-AC Mapping 48-63 are VI

Regrads,

EF

• 2.  RE: IAP and Skype for Business

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 04:55 PM

What is your configuration for that SSID and what is the configuration for QOS on your client?  (screenshots, please)

• 3.  RE: IAP and Skype for Business

Posted Jun 22, 2017 05:05 PM

SSID has 802.1X auth against NPS server and then full access (no rules or roles) and this WMM configuration:

WMM.JPG

About GPO configuration is very similar to this one:

GPO.JPG

From wired to wireless works fine, and the packets arrive with correct DSCP, but from wireless to wired all packets arrive to the wired network as VIDEO.

Regards

EF

• 4.  RE: IAP and Skype for Business

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2017 06:13 PM

You should do a packet capture in the air on that channel (easy if you have a mac using "sniff" in the wireless diagnostic tools).  You should then load the capture into wireshark and filter on "wlan.qos.priority eq 6" and see if frames are being marked by the client in the highest priority.

• 5.  RE: IAP and Skype for Business

Posted Jun 30, 2017 03:47 AM

Hi Colin,

It´s a Windows network and I was unable to capture traffic on the air, but I´m sure that with this gpo loaded in the clients the WMM is translated "bad". I read on "Skype for Business over Aruba VRD 2.pdf" (page 62) that you must modify your dscp values "The recommended workaround addresses upstream mistagging by applying higher DSCP values to wireless clients."  The problem is that this workaround is very complex in this site.

I see that you can create rules for application identification:

rule.JPG

Can it works for identify upstream? What are the requirements needed?