Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP and maximum APs supported

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP and maximum APs supported

Posted Mar 29, 2016 02:30 PM

Hi

I've to upgrade old 802.11b Cisco WLAN to Aruba. As budget is very limited we will use IAP and virtual controller. 95% of APs will be IAP-103 (140 units) we will have also have IAP-205 (6 units). I'm worry about IAP scalability - what is maximum AP and clients supported in one IAP domain ? If it's important if Master AP (Instant Controller) will be IAP-205 or IAP-103 - I assume 103 can have less RAM and CPU power than 205.

Well I know that best soultion will be full featured Controller, but no this time and no with this budget. Deploying IAP we will trying to avoid Ubiquity...

Rob

• 2.  RE: IAP and maximum APs supported

Posted Mar 29, 2016 02:43 PM
    I've to upgrade old 802.11b Cisco WLAN to Aruba. As budget is very limited we will use IAP and virtual controller. 95% of APs will be IAP-103 (140 units) we will have also have IAP-205 (6 units). I'm worry about IAP scalability - what is maximum AP and clients supported in one IAP domain ?

It is recommended to have up to 128 IAPs within the same cluster (Not a hard set limit)

It can support up to 2048 Clients (Not a hard set limit)

But you can enable Layer-3 mobility between two Clusters that way users can roam between the two

If it's important if Master AP (Instant Controller) will be IAP-205 or IAP-103 - I assume 103 can have less RAM and CPU power than 205.

The AP with the most capable HW will be the Master