Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP and maximum APs supported

Hi

I've to upgrade old 802.11b Cisco WLAN to Aruba. As budget is very limited we will use IAP and virtual controller. 95% of APs will be IAP-103 (140 units) we will have also have IAP-205 (6 units). I'm worry about IAP scalability - what is maximum AP and clients supported in one IAP domain ? If it's important if Master AP (Instant Controller) will be IAP-205 or IAP-103 - I assume 103 can have less RAM and CPU power than 205.

Well I know that best soultion will be full featured Controller, but no this time and no with this budget. Deploying IAP we will trying to avoid Ubiquity...

Rob

Re: IAP and maximum APs supported

I've to upgrade old 802.11b Cisco WLAN to Aruba. As budget is very limited we will use IAP and virtual controller. 95% of APs will be IAP-103 (140 units) we will have also have IAP-205 (6 units). I'm worry about IAP scalability - what is maximum AP and clients supported in one IAP domain ?

It is recommended to have up to 128 IAPs within the same cluster (Not a hard set limit)

It can support up to 2048 Clients (Not a hard set limit)

But you can enable Layer-3 mobility between two Clusters that way users can roam between the two

If it's important if Master AP (Instant Controller) will be IAP-205 or IAP-103 - I assume 103 can have less RAM and CPU power than 205.

The AP with the most capable HW will be the Master
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: