Controllerless Networks

Regular Contributor II

IAP configuration best practice

Hi All.

I Am setting up 8 IAP 205 on a network.

Wired is simple: 192.168.0.xx with a cisco router on .254 ( default GW and dhcp vlan1)

Going to install one new switch and VLan implementation

So, in this phase something like this:

Publicate Vlans on switch:

Vlan 10 Ap's+ MGMT switch ( static IP on Ap's and interface vlan 20 10.10.10.254)

Vlan 20 needs also interface IP?

Vlan 1 existing wired.

Default gW is the router 192.168.0.254

One ssid on Vlan 20, dhcp internal on aruba Virtual controller (10.10.20.xx).
Requisite is 10.10.20.xx not to see 192.168.0.1 ( by a ruleset i suppose)

Router is going to connect to the switch.

How can I have the wlan clients to go internet?
Since the switch has ports for Ap's on vlan 10 and wired on Vlan 1 , do i need to trunk the port where the provider router (dhcp for vlan 1) connects?
VC default gateway is the router correct?

Thanks
Guru Elite

Re: IAP configuration best practice

beconnect wrote:
Hi All.

I Am setting up 8 IAP 205 on a network.

Wired is simple: 192.168.0.xx with a cisco router on .254 ( default GW and dhcp vlan1)

Going to install one new switch and VLan implementation

So, in this phase something like this:

Publicate Vlans on switch:

Vlan 10 Ap's+ MGMT switch ( static IP on Ap's and interface vlan 20 10.10.10.254)

Vlan 20 needs also interface IP? [NO]

Vlan 1 existing wired.

Default gW is the router 192.168.0.254

One ssid on Vlan 20, dhcp internal on aruba Virtual controller (10.10.20.xx).  [You have to make the VLAN Virtual-Controller Assigned.  All traffic will be natted out of the ip address of the primary virtual controller as a result]
Requisite is 10.10.20.xx not to see 192.168.0.1 ( by a ruleset i suppose) [Yes, use a rule to block that traffic]

Router is going to connect to the switch.

How can I have the wlan clients to go internet?
Since the switch has ports for Ap's on vlan 10 and wired on Vlan 1 , do i need to trunk the port where the provider router (dhcp for vlan 1) connects?
VC default gateway is the router correct?
[If the clients are on a VLAN that is Virtual Controller Assigned, all user traffic is natted out of the ip address of the primary virtual controller.  As long as the ip address of the virtual controller can get to the internet, those clients will be able to]
Thanks

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

Thanks for the help and clarification. I assume that what I need is some routing concerns on the switch layer 3 . Because vlan 10 needs to have an interface like 10.10.10.254 to be able to comunicate with router 192.168.0.254, connected also in same switch but on vlan 1. So for vlan 10 of AP's to go the internet i need vlan routing no?

Regards
Guru Elite

yes

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

Ok. Will test that. Also the port on the switch that connects to the router will need trunk allowing both vlans correct?
Regular Contributor II

Ok. Will test that. Also the port on the switch that connects to the router will need trunk allowing both vlans correct?
Guru Elite

Yes.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: