Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP with Local,L3 DHCP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP with Local,L3 DHCP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2016 06:13 PM

Hello,

First of all, I´m really newbe in Aruba. I´m testing an IAP in my house and I have some problems trying to achieve intenet access for the IPA clients, so I explain the context:

- I have a cable router connected to internet and an internal net (192.168.1.0/24), in that internat net I have connected the IAP. 

- In the IAP I have created a "Local,L3" DHCP scope (192.168.2.0/24) and associated it to the VLAN 2

- I have created an employee SSID and I have associated the VLAN 2 to that SSID.

- I connect a client to that SSID and get and ip address from the VLAN 2 scope.

- I try to access to internet (through the cable router of course) but it fail, even I can´t ping another device in the 192.168.1.0/24 net.

- If I associate the VLAN 1 to the SSID instead of the VLAN 2 I can access to internet.

I´m really missed and I don´t know what coud I be doing wrong. As I understand, "Local,L3" should be routing my VLAN 2.

Please, could you help me. Thanks a lot.

• 2.  RE: IAP with Local,L3 DHCP

Posted Jul 11, 2016 05:16 AM

Hi,

Is vlan 2 on the uplink and is routing provided? Did you also check for any firewall settings blocking traffic between vlans?

Kind regards