Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

IAPs and LLDP Neighbors?

I understand that IAPs do run LLDP for PoE purposes. But my Airwave console is not populating with neighbour info from my Juniper switches.

The Juniper EX can see the all of the IAPs as LLDP neighbors.

I also cannot find any CLI command to show LLDP neighbors on IAP. 

Any suggestions?

IAP 315 v6.5.3.3-6.5.3.3_61785

Re: IAPs and LLDP Neighbors?

Anyone?

Nobody has ever run LLDP on IAPs?

Guru Elite

AFAIK, we only obtain LLDP neighbor information from Cisco switches in Airwave.  Maybe @rgin can clarify.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Commands to use on IAP to debug LLDP are:

show ap debug lldp neighbor

show ap debug lldp neighbor interface eth0 detail

show ap debug lldp counters

show ap debug lldp state

Thanks @mannvishal.

Your commands do indeed show the lldp info from the CLI of the IAP, thanks!

However, is there any reason why this info is not being populated into the "neighbors" area in Airwave?

Aruba Employee

Where exactly in AirWave are you looking for this information? Can you paste a screenshot?

APs/Devices > Monitor

Screenshot attached.

I don't have another screenshot to share for comparison but anecdotally I have definitely seen this table populated when Airwave was monitoring some Cisco APs connected to Cisco switches (switches were not moniotred by Airwave but info was still populated here by the APs)

Thanks

Contributor II

Hi! I´ve got the exact same question. My neighbors fields in airwave are all empty aswell. LDDP is running on IAP and on my Aruba2920 switches that they are connected to.

Anyone know how to view lldp neighbors in airwave ? Would be very nice to see.

EDIT: Can confirm that on my switches neighbors tab it does show lldp neighbors... strange. I can clearly see IAPs running show lldp in re on a Aruba Switch.So they do run lldp.

Daniel F
ACMP | ACCP | HP ATP - FlexNetwork Solutions

Further info for this thread: the same IAPs are now connected to a Cisco 2960-X running LLDP. The switch and IAPs can see each other as LLDP neighbors, but still nothing shows under Device Neighbors in Airwave

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: