Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant APs

Posted Mar 06, 2017 09:01 AM

Hi guys,

Instant APs can be converted to regular APs and those be converted to Instant APs back again. However, regular APs can't be converted to Instant APs. Then why do regular APs exist? Are they cheaper?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Instant APs

Posted Mar 06, 2017 09:57 AM
    They're the same price I believe. If you know you do not need Instant APs it's easier to just buy non-Instant especially if you have a large number of APs. There's extra work to convert Instant APs to "regular" AP and with that comes the potential for issues to occur.

• 3.  RE: Instant APs

Posted Mar 08, 2017 02:09 PM

Hi James,

Is that the only reason? Is because there is extra work to do? But how much time can take converting Instant AP to regular AP? I thought it takes little time and it is easy.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Instant APs

Posted Apr 11, 2017 01:10 PM

Hi James,

I have been able to get an IAP and convert it from IAP to regular AP and viceversa. You can do that with a couple of clicks, it is relatively easy. So I don't think this extra work causes potential issues and then what's the reason for regular APs to exist.

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: Instant APs

Posted Mar 08, 2017 02:15 PM
    Moving forward with new Aruba AP you will see a unified AP (Instant/Campus AP) no more separate SKUs / Hardware

Which will make ordering a bit easier

Get Outlook for iOS