Controllerless Networks

Super Contributor I

Instant APs

Hi guys,

Instant APs can be converted to regular APs and those be converted to Instant APs back again. However, regular APs can't be converted to Instant APs. Then why do regular APs exist? Are they cheaper?

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted

Re: Instant APs

They're the same price I believe. If you know you do not need Instant APs it's easier to just buy non-Instant especially if you have a large number of APs. There's extra work to convert Instant APs to "regular" AP and with that comes the potential for issues to occur.

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Super Contributor I

Hi James,

Is that the only reason? Is because there is extra work to do? But how much time can take converting Instant AP to regular AP? I thought it takes little time and it is easy.

Regards,

Julián

Moving forward with new Aruba AP you will see a unified AP (Instant/Campus AP) no more separate SKUs / Hardware

Which will make ordering a bit easier

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Super Contributor I

Hi James,

I have been able to get an IAP and convert it from IAP to regular AP and viceversa. You can do that with a couple of clicks, it is relatively easy. So I don't think this extra work causes potential issues and then what's the reason for regular APs to exist.

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: