Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant configuration file - leading space anomaly

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant configuration file - leading space anomaly

Posted Dec 02, 2016 05:52 AM

Hello all,

I found an issue on Instant :

context : I want to automate the initial config of the first AP as virtual controler.

I configured one, and then I reuse the extracted config file as a base cfg for other VCs on other sites.

I wanted to add a piece of config (new ssid-profile) so I edited a base config file and loaded it to a test bed. But in the process I inserted a leading space before "wlan ssid-profile...". This seems to generate unwanted results.

I corrected the file (suppressed leading space) and reloaded : everything is OK.

I'm wondering whether this parsing "sensitivity" is an anomaly or a normal behavior.

Best regards

• 2.  RE: Instant configuration file - leading space anomaly
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 06:57 AM

I will say that there is no supported method for editing a configuration of instant by hand and loading it onto a cluster.  With that being said, spaces do matter in a configuration in this, but I am sure there are tons more gotchas about importing configurations that are no documented, because it is not directly supported.

The best way to load an initial configuration onto a cluster is to use Airwave:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=21075

Please contact your Aruba Sales person if you want a 90-day evaluation of Airwave to see how it would fit into your plans.

• 3.  RE: Instant configuration file - leading space anomaly

Posted Dec 02, 2016 08:06 AM

Hello Colin

Well, "Airwave" means additionnal $$ to spend...just to push a 99% identical config on various clusters.

Anyway, I mitigated the anomaly with strict conformance to syntax...

Thanks for your help, and have a nice week-end.