Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant - disable DFS timeout?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Instant - disable DFS timeout?

Posted Jun 07, 2013 05:42 AM

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that 5GHz SSID comes up 10 minutes after AP is up due to DFS. This is pretty painfull with Survey AP which is turn on/off very often.

Is there a woraround for this?

Thanks,

V.D.

• 2.  RE: Instant - disable DFS timeout?

Posted Jun 07, 2013 09:39 AM

You probably done this , but have you tried turning DFS off ?

And how were you able to determine that it was getting turned off because of DFS ?

• 3.  RE: Instant - disable DFS timeout?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2013 09:55 AM

Hi,

Read my thread here, http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Change-channel-on-AP105-RAP-used-for-survey/m-p/15104

Set the channel to one of the non-dfs channels.  Unfortunately you need to do this every time it powers on, which may not be practical, so try to have a battery pack you can carry around with the AP.  Bear in mind, I found that this only lasts for about two hours and then you have to do it again.

Alternatively when you provision the RAP, put it into a group where the channel is fixed and ARM/scanning is disabled.

Hope that helps.

:smileyhappy:

• 4.  RE: Instant - disable DFS timeout?

Posted Jun 10, 2013 03:54 AM

Michael_Clarke : OK that makes sense, I'll try it with non-DFS channel and scanning disabled.

Thanks!