Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Interaction between Doorbird iOS app connection and IAP allowed services + 100% CPU

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Interaction between Doorbird iOS app connection and IAP allowed services + 100% CPU

Posted Feb 08, 2018 05:44 AM
      |   view attached

IAP-215-RW single node. A little hard to describe, but here goes...

I have a doorbird ip doorbell with camera feed. The html widget works ok, and shows the camera feed fine. The iOS app fails to connect, instead it keeps disconnect/reconnecting without success. While this occurs, the AP cpu maxes out at 100%.

I've found that changing the allowed services (Airgroup, airprint, airplay, DLNA etc) can change this outcome. Initially, when the fault was observed, all options were enabled - all four AirGroup checkboxes, plus all AirGroup services.  Turning everything off resulted in the iOS connection to succeed although it's difficult to nail down the exact service or pattern, this seems sometimes require an AP reboot or the passing of time to before a config change can be tested.

The last 'fix' required unchecking Bonjour and DLNA checkboxes.

I realise this is vague but thought I'd pitch it here. I've asked the other vendor for info also.

• 2.  RE: Interaction between Doorbird iOS app connection and IAP allowed services + 100% CPU

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2018 09:47 AM

What version of Instant, please?

• 3.  RE: Interaction between Doorbird iOS app connection and IAP allowed services + 100% CPU

Posted Feb 08, 2018 10:43 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I upgraded to 6.5.4.4 from a prior version but they behaviour is the same.

I got some info on the ios network services used, attached, I'm guessing this relates to Bonjour.