Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

Posted Sep 11, 2013 10:32 AM

Good day,

I will be adding two IAP 175's to a twenty three IAP 105 cluster.

Are there any tips or tricks that I need to know of before starting the install.

From what I have seen so far is that it is important for all IAP's to have the same version installed.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

Posted Sep 11, 2013 10:48 AM

All IAPs do need to run the same version and the latest is 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.1. 

Will the 175s be connecting wirelessly via Mesh or will they be wired?  If Mesh, you might connect them wired first so they pick up their configuration via the wire then bring them up via Mesh.

I would also suggest taking a look at our "Outdoor Validated Reference Design Guide" for helpfull information on antenna orientation and alignment.

• 3.  RE: Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

Posted Sep 11, 2013 10:50 AM

These outdoor IAP's will be connected via wired cabling.

I will have a look at the guide.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

Posted Sep 11, 2013 10:57 AM

One of our Outdoor engineers also put together a series of short videos on mounting APs, sealing connectors, and aligning antennas.  These can be found here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Install-an-Outdoor-Network-10-minute-Outdoor-N...

• 5.  RE: Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

Posted Sep 11, 2013 11:04 AM

Awesome!!!

Thanks Marcus I will have a look at the videos

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

MVP
    Posted Oct 14, 2013 02:41 PM

If an IAP-175 is joining an existing IAP cluster, you won't need to do anything as far as network configuration because it will pull it's config from the VC. The only thing that needs to be configured on the 175 is the external antenna gains in order to comply with regulations. The gains can be found in the Antenna product matrix. 

• 7.  RE: Joining 175 IAP's to 105 IAP cluster

Posted Oct 16, 2013 04:04 AM

Like Marus said they MUST be on the same firmware or else they will not join, so you'll have to fire them up individually and update them to the latest / same version as your current live instant network. This caught me out when adding 135's to a 105 network!

Dave