Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

Posted Feb 15, 2016 01:04 PM

I have an IAP 105 during booting LED light for PWR and ENET turn green and that of 11A/N and 11B/G/N is completely off. The IAP always seems to be reboot always but with PWR and ENET turning  green for some time then goes red to start rebooting again. The 11A/N and 11B/G/N is still completely off. Entering the IAP through the console during boot is say wi-fi uplink not present. is there a way i can physicall enable the wi-fi.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2016 01:06 PM

Hi, 

If the IAP gets an IP address, the lights should come up. From the console output, doesn't get a DHCP IP. Try a factory reset. Btw, does a computer get a DHCP IP address if connected to the same switch port? 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

• 3.  RE: LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

Posted Feb 16, 2016 05:52 PM

Once powered on , i dont see the IAP on my network or my laptop to even connect to , just the PWR LED turns green and red again continously. I have done hard reset and also factory_reset from the console and nothing is working.PWR LED  blinks green.jpg

PWR LED after blinking green turns to red.jpg

• 4.  RE: LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 04:59 AM

You should contact TAC.  You could have a hardware issue.

If you can connect to the console and print the output, it might give us an idea about what is happening.

• 5.  RE: LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

Posted Feb 17, 2016 04:39 PM
      |   view attached

From the console the output printout is attached. from the printout i notice its say Wi-Fi uplink not present.

Attachment(s)

• 6.  RE: LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 17, 2016 04:59 PM

Hi, 

The IAP should have already got configured for wifi uplink. If not, you'll see that on console. That is expected after a factory_reset. It doesn't get an IP address, so no active ethenet uplink also. As said by Colin, it could be a hardware issue (faulty ethernet port) as well. You need to raise a TAC case. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent