Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

I have an IAP 105 during booting LED light for PWR and ENET turn green and that of 11A/N and 11B/G/N is completely off. The IAP always seems to be reboot always but with PWR and ENET turning  green for some time then goes red to start rebooting again. The 11A/N and 11B/G/N is still completely off. Entering the IAP through the console during boot is say wi-fi uplink not present. is there a way i can physicall enable the wi-fi.

Aruba Employee

Re: LED light problem for 11A/N and 11B/G/N

Hi, 

If the IAP gets an IP address, the lights should come up. From the console output, doesn't get a DHCP IP. Try a factory reset. Btw, does a computer get a DHCP IP address if connected to the same switch port? 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

Once powered on , i dont see the IAP on my network or my laptop to even connect to , just the PWR LED turns green and red again continously. I have done hard reset and also factory_reset from the console and nothing is working.PWR LED  blinks green.jpg

PWR LED after blinking green turns to red.jpg

Guru Elite

You should contact TAC.  You could have a hardware issue.

If you can connect to the console and print the output, it might give us an idea about what is happening.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

From the console the output printout is attached. from the printout i notice its say Wi-Fi uplink not present.

Aruba Employee

Hi, 

The IAP should have already got configured for wifi uplink. If not, you'll see that on console. That is expected after a factory_reset. It doesn't get an IP address, so no active ethenet uplink also. As said by Colin, it could be a hardware issue (faulty ethernet port) as well. You need to raise a TAC case. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent 

Thanks,
Rajaguru Vincent
CWNA | CWSP | CWAP | CWDP | ACMP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: