Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

MTU size on IAP IPsec tunnel

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  MTU size on IAP IPsec tunnel

Posted Aug 20, 2014 09:58 AM

Is there any way to change the MTU setting on an IAP tunnel (Aruba IPsec)? Alternatively would I be able to use the L2tpv3 to create a tunnel between the instant cluster and an Aruba controller. Customer wants to lower the MTU to see if connectivity down the tunnel is improved. BTW what would the default MTU be on the Aruba IPsec tunnel?

• 2.  RE: MTU size on IAP IPsec tunnel

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 10:16 AM

You can use L2TPv3 as well as Aruba GRE to build tunnels.  Please see v 4.1 user guide for more details.

Screenshot 2014-08-21 10.15.50.png

• 3.  RE: MTU size on IAP IPsec tunnel

Posted Aug 22, 2014 08:37 AM

I have read the guide but it does not answer my questions. I have a customer who wants to know the answers to these questions. Hence the post.

• 4.  RE: MTU size on IAP IPsec tunnel

Posted Sep 01, 2014 03:32 AM

if you click the tunnel profile you get the screen below which shows MTU can be changed, it was 1460 when i opened it for the first time so that is probably the default.tunnel-profile.png

• 5.  RE: MTU size on IAP IPsec tunnel

Posted Sep 01, 2014 04:37 AM

Its the Aruba IPsec that we are using which doesn't show a value or allow you to change. I am told by TAC that it is 1500.