Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Multiple instant clusters and SSID problem...

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Multiple instant clusters and SSID problem...

Posted Aug 15, 2018 07:46 AM

EDIT: This "problem" is solved! Main problem was dchp-snooping feature in switches which blocked client dhcp packets when changing between ssid's.

Hello,

I have installed total of 80pcs of IAP345/315/305 ap's to three separate instant clusters. This three cluster design is because of possibility to have well over 2k clients in system. Building itself is 5 floors high and 250 meters long.

Clusters are planned to serve "logical areas" where one 4 floors high cluster area lies on top of other cluster (ground floor and only concrete floor between two clusters) and there I have small & weird problem: I can see duplicated WPA2 secure network and connection to that secure network is very unreliable if I test connectivity in certain points in 1st floor where I can see ap's from "ground floor" cluster. If I test connectivity in 2nd floor there is no problem what so ever.

I have enabled L3 mobility & home agent load balancing in all virtual controllers.

I think this is some kind of clusterin issue but can somebody point me right direction where I can start to solve this problem?

EDIT: There is same problem in every spot which can see other clusters SSID's