Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

New access point in IAP-93 network

I've been looking after an environment that has 8 IAP-93 access points.

Luckily due to the building we are in we won't grow out of the limit of 16 AP's, but recently one AP has died and no longer powers up.

As these are no longer sold anywhere, we're looking into a newer AP to replace our faulty one - can somebody suggest what models are compatible?

I know you lose some features when you mix older AP's with newer ones, but these arent used for much other than basic internet access so not to worried about that.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: New access point in IAP-93 network

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/support/EOS_AP-9293.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

http://www.arubanetworks.com/en-gb/support-services/end-of-life/

I'm aware they are end of sale, but still in support until November 2019 so not really in a position to replace them all yet as we've not budgeted for this.

Guru Elite

I'm sorry, what are you asking for, then?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I'm asking if I buy another model, eg IAP-205, IAP-215 or IAP-225 will I be able to get this into the existing cluster of IAP-93's I've got?

Guru Elite

Yes, you will.  The cluster size will be limited to 16, like you mentioned, however...

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: