Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems with AP205 & AP105 APs in an Instant cluster

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problems with AP205 & AP105 APs in an Instant cluster

Posted Feb 23, 2015 02:42 AM
    We recently (end of January) added a AP205 to an Aruba instant cluster which contains 6 AP105s in addition, and are now experiencing problems on the WLAN when the AP205 is plugged in and active.
      - The problems start within about 45 minutes to 2 hours after the AP205 becomes active in the cluster, with users complaining about slow/unreliable/intermittent service.
      - When IT support then investigates, they discover high latency and packet loss over the WLAN, even to services on the LAN.
      - Sometimes, all the SSIDs also dissappear from the air (i.e., they are not discoverable) for a short period (30 seconds to about 2 minutes).
      - The only way to resolve these problems are to reboot all the APs, but this is however just a short term solution as the problems start again within about 45 minutes to 2 hours.
      - The only permanent solution/work around found so far is to remove the AP205.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

#AP205

• 2.  RE: Problems with AP205 & AP105 APs in an Instant cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2015 06:42 AM

• 3.  RE: Problems with AP205 & AP105 APs in an Instant cluster

Posted Feb 26, 2015 12:43 AM
    Do you know which version of the firmware you're running? We have both sets of APs in the lab and I'll see if I can reproduce it...

Matt

• 4.  RE: Problems with AP205 & AP105 APs in an Instant cluster

Posted Feb 26, 2015 01:28 PM

I'm wondering if this issue is related.. I have a TAC case open:

Do the management interfaces also drop? I had to setup a syslog server to get the info to TAC.

If you can't get an AP tech drump from the weGUI (which I couldn't due to high CPU consumption), it was suggested that I could try to grab and AP tech dump from the console.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Big-problems-w-115-225-Cluster/td-p/224264