Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

RF Survey - Heatmaps

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  RF Survey - Heatmaps

Posted Apr 12, 2016 11:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm exploring the RF survey feature of Airwave and I just exported a few floor plans to se how it goes, so far so good.

When I tried to toogle the heatmap to check how the signal was I found that everything was red, but the signal is actually very great in this floor, should be all green!

Untitled picture.png

I'm pretty sure it's about the sizing, I used the measure toll to draw a line and measured a door width, which is 0.8m. So the size is correct, I'm just not sure about the gridsize, I left it at the default 0.6mx0.6m and I think this is the problem, how can I find out the correct gridsize?

Untitled picturee.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 2.  RE: RF Survey - Heatmaps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2016 12:58 PM

I would go to Google Earth and get the real length of the building and input that.  Measuring a door leaves a great deal of room for error.

• 3.  RE: RF Survey - Heatmaps

Posted Apr 12, 2016 02:58 PM

well, well, well... I'm used to Green = good and Red = bad, but actually in Airwave red means good and green means bad (wtf?) ...

So, my heatmap is correct, I just had to correct the ceilling height, which was at 10m (default), I changed to 3m and got an even better heatmap. But the red/green thing surely confused me!

• 4.  RE: RF Survey - Heatmaps

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 12, 2016 03:08 PM

Think red=hot, warm/cool = yellow/green