Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID Splash Page Internal Acknowledged - Where Did the Email Address go?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SSID Splash Page Internal Acknowledged - Where Did the Email Address go?

Posted Jul 18, 2016 08:05 PM

We are setting up a Guest SSID and would like users to enter an email address when they accept the TOS.  I was going through a setup guide for an earlier version of Aruba OS nd noticed that was built in.  

We configure out SSID's via the virtual controller interface on our IAP-205's.  The AirWave version on our IAP's doesn't include an email address when chosing Internal - Acknowledged.  Is there a way to chose that option or is that not an option when using VC to manage Aruba APs?

Thanks for the help.

• 2.  RE: SSID Splash Page Internal Acknowledged - Where Did the Email Address go?

Posted Jul 19, 2016 12:19 PM

You have never been able to enter an email address on the Instant Guest Splash page. It's just acknowledged yes or no.

• 3.  RE: SSID Splash Page Internal Acknowledged - Where Did the Email Address go?

Posted Jul 19, 2016 04:04 PM

When I use the standard internal page I also have to fill in a field with an emailaddress before I can acknowledge the splash page. Also wondering where the mail goes to :-)

• 4.  RE: SSID Splash Page Internal Acknowledged - Where Did the Email Address go?

Posted Jul 19, 2016 06:06 PM

Was it a feature in past Aruba OS versions?  Here is a guide I found where it showed an email address field when selecting Internal - Acknowledged for Splash page type.:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/tkb@tkb/269/1/Aruba%20Instant%20IAP%20Setup-Rev3.pdf 

The date on the guide is June 2012.