Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Time limit SSID broadcast

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Time limit SSID broadcast

Posted Dec 08, 2014 10:36 AM
    Hi All, My customer is looking to stop broadcasting a guest SSID after opening hours. They would ideally like to have this done as a pair of custom variables, but would settle for a single broadcast time. The plan is to start broadcasting the SSID at 07:00 and turn off the signal at 23:00, disconnecting all users. Is this possible? We are using Aruba instant iAP105 (v6.4.2.0) and Aruba ClearPass (v6.4). I am not sure if this is possible? TIA Gordie

• 2.  RE: Time limit SSID broadcast

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2014 10:40 AM

You can't actually stop it from broadcasting, but you can stop users from associating.

deny-time-range-vap.png

If you actually wanted to stop it from broadcasting, you would need to script a command from an external server to remove the VAP, or schedule something from AirWave.

• 3.  RE: Time limit SSID broadcast

Posted Dec 08, 2014 10:54 AM
    Tim,

Thank you once again. Most helpful ;o)

• 4.  RE: Time limit SSID broadcast

Posted Dec 10, 2014 08:04 AM
    Hi Tim,

Just tried to implement this, but I cannot find these settings on the Instant access points. Is this possible on the iAP's, or is it limited to APs using mobility controllers only.

Or indeed, is this something that I need to do in Airwave?

TIA

Gordie

• 5.  RE: Time limit SSID broadcast

Posted Dec 10, 2014 08:53 AM
    Hi Gordie,
    Unfortunately that option that Tim is showing you is for controller based deployments.

For instant, there is no option currently but I believe it is a feature coming out soon.

I invite you to read this post (if you have Airwave), this may be an option
    http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/mhc-How-to-schedule-broadcasting-SSIDs-using-Airwave-platform/m-p/146270/highlight/false#M4823

• 6.  RE: Time limit SSID broadcast
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:46 PM

Available now in 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0

From the release notes:

Time Based Services
    Starting with Instant 6.4.3.4-6.2.1.0, users can configure time range profiles using the IAP UI and CLI. These Time Range Profiles can be enabled on an IAP to allow or deny access to an SSID only during a specific period of time.

• 7.  RE: Time limit SSID broadcast

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 26, 2015 12:53 PM

@leomezza wrote:

Available now in 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0

From the release notes:

Time Based Services
    Starting with Instant 6.4.3.4-6.2.1.0, users can configure time range profiles using the IAP UI and CLI. These Time Range Profiles can be enabled on an IAP to allow or deny access to an SSID only during a specific period of time.

I confirm :)