Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Updated Channel Information in 6.1.3.4

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Updated Channel Information in 6.1.3.4

Posted Oct 11, 2012 12:41 PM

In the previous release, when viewing the channel information in the Access Points tab, it would simply note the channel number.  In 6.1.3.4, it now shows the channel information in the form of 1/5/0, 6/5/0, 11/0/0 or similar.  I assume the first number is the channel number, but what do the other two numbers signify?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Updated Channel Information in 6.1.3.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2012 11:58 PM

@DanielM wrote:

In the previous release, when viewing the channel information in the Access Points tab, it would simply note the channel number.  In 6.1.3.4, it now shows the channel information in the form of 1/5/0, 6/5/0, 11/0/0 or similar.  I assume the first number is the channel number, but what do the other two numbers signify?

Thanks.

The top of the column tells you what they are for:  clients/channel/EIRP/MAX EIRP/HT Mode.

It has been that way for awhile.

• 3.  RE: Updated Channel Information in 6.1.3.4

Posted Oct 12, 2012 02:05 AM
      |   view attached

Perhaps I’m missing something.  In the attached it’s quite clear where the clients are defined, but that’s where it ends for me.  The documentation defines the Power (dB) as the Maximum EIRP, but what you noted does not appear to directly translate to what’s listed/what I’ve noted for the Channel in the attached—please clarify.  Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Updated Channel Information in 6.1.3.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2012 07:37 AM

@DanielM wrote:

Perhaps I’m missing something.  In the attached it’s quite clear where the clients are defined, but that’s where it ends for me.  The documentation defines the Power (dB) as the Maximum EIRP, but what you noted does not appear to directly translate to what’s listed/what I’ve noted for the Channel in the attached—please clarify.  Thank you.

I apologize.  These are instant APs.  You are correct.  We will get that information for you.

• 5.  RE: Updated Channel Information in 6.1.3.4

Posted Oct 24, 2012 09:29 AM

As we move through our stores upgrading to this release, we're getting more curious to know what the extra numbers mean also.

Any more information?