Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

WLAN Access-Rule on IAP 135 - What is Maximum Number of Rules Allowed

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  WLAN Access-Rule on IAP 135 - What is Maximum Number of Rules Allowed

Posted May 30, 2014 12:17 PM

I have a question about the WLAN Access-Rule feature on a IAP135. I have an IAP135(US) running OS Version 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.5.

I need to add a number of rules for lync ports on the IAP. Basically, I want to prioritize Lync 2013 Ports on the IAP. I have this setup and running well on a Mobility Controller. Trying to apply the same config to the IAP.

I successfully added 9 rules to the WLAN Access-Rule. However, when I try to add another rule to the WLAN Access-Rule, the IAP refused to save the additional rules.

I tried adding rules from the CLI. No change. The IAP will not save the additional rules. 

What is the limit on rules that can be configured on the WLAN Access Rule on a IAP 135?

#AP135

• 2.  RE: WLAN Access-Rule on IAP 135 - What is Maximum Number of Rules Allowed

Posted May 30, 2014 01:00 PM
    There is a best practice guide for Lync 2013 and IAPs

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/whitepapers/WP_LyncDeployment.pdf

As far as limit, I am not sure, does the user guide mention anything?