Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

What would cause iAP-275s to restart about every 8-9 minutes?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What would cause iAP-275s to restart about every 8-9 minutes?

Posted Jul 24, 2015 01:03 PM

I have five iAP-275s that we just turned up, got connected to a group of 127 other iAP-115s and now all five of them are restarting every 8 - 9 minutes.  

Not all at the same time, just when their status shows they have been up 8 - 9 minutes do I see them go down and come back.  I am seeing this in Airwave and from the virtual controller.   

This group is off site but I had tech at that location confirm he saw them drop connection with the ethernet switch and come back.

They are all at different locations and connected to different POE switches.  

What could be the problem?

• 2.  RE: What would cause iAP-275s to restart about every 8-9 minutes?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2015 07:24 PM

I would start with TAC as they will get your issue identified faster. The usual suspects are to make sure they're all running the same IAP code, etc, etc, but if there's something deeper, TAC will be a better resource to assist.

• 3.  RE: What would cause iAP-275s to restart about every 8-9 minutes?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 25, 2015 11:01 PM

We are mixing up IAP-115 and IAP-275, which are not of same family. The images would be different and we have bring the new IAP-275's up to the same code before joining to cluster.

If the cluster is being managed by airwave, then one of the IAP-115 that is acting as master, will redirect these IAP-275 to airwave to download the appropriate code from repositary in airwave. Once they download the code, they would then restart and join the cluster.

Suggest a TAC case.

• 4.  RE: What would cause iAP-275s to restart about every 8-9 minutes?

Posted Jul 27, 2015 08:21 AM
    The cluster is being managed by Airwave and they all have the latest version, 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.7-50209. I have opened a case with tech support. Thanks.

• 5.  RE: What would cause iAP-275s to restart about every 8-9 minutes?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 04, 2015 02:23 PM

This issue has been fixed.  The iAP-275s where not getting enough power.  They were plugged into a Cisco 3560x-24P-S and getting only about 15 watts of power.  I think they need about 23 watts.   We ordered and installed 802.3at POE+ injectors and they appear to be working fine now.