Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

Hi

im trying to configure my IAP to work on a trunked port. I have vlan 230 that has an dhpc server on a firewall on the subnet 10.250.1.0/24. That works without any problmes but the vlan 300 is also on that trunked port the IAP is connected to but there the clients dont get an ip from the subnet 10.250.70.0/24. Is there any special configuration for an IAP on a trunked port?

when creating the ssid i assing a static vlan for each ssid but it doesnt work.

Also, how do i create a dhcp scope in the IAP and assign it to the vlan 300 (if i would preferr to have the IAP act as dhcp server instead of the firewall)

thanks

/Carlos

Super Contributor II

Re: iap on trunked port and internal dhcp

What is OS version installed in IAP?
Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Contributor II

Hi

Im running 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.2  version 

Contributor II

"Also, how do i create a dhcp scope in the IAP and assign it to the vlan 300 (if i would preferr to have the IAP act as dhcp server instead of the firewall)"

You can create a "local" DHCP pool and assing it to the VLAN ID 300.

See the picture:

Capture.JPG

---
Metalgalle
Contributor II

cool, thanks

So theres no extra configuration for an IAP on a tagged port when configuring multiple ssid?

Super Contributor II

Yes...
Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Contributor II

when configuring the guest ssid, do i choose the vlan as controller assigned or static vlan?

Aruba

Once you define your DHCP scope, you then tag it to the SSID in question. For this, you would select 'network assigned' over virtual controller assigned which I admit is slightly confusing as the IAP is still assigning the DHCP address. The virtual controller assigned option used vlan 3333 for client ip assignment vs your defined settings.

Adam

| Adam Kennedy, Systems Engineer - adamk@hpe.com

| Service Providers – Aruba, an HPE Company

| Twitter: @adam8021x | Airheads: akennedy
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: