Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

instant rap-3wn not working

I have an instant ap rap-3wn.  I am using it for home use and have done a reset but only see an amber wlan light and no "instant" ssid.  I have tried connecting wired to see if I can obtain ip from any of the E(X) ports but dont get anything.  Is there a default wired ip I can connect to?  What else can be done?

Aruba Employee

Re: instant rap-3wn not working

Is its E0 port connected to an upstream switch or router that can give out an IP address via DHCP?
Occasional Contributor I

I'm trying to manage the device being that wlan is amber.  If i connect it to my broadband and it gets an IP I don't think it will allow me to manage the device being that this is Untrust no?

Yan Liu wrote:
Is its E0 port connected to an upstream switch or router that can give out an IP address via DHCP?

Community Administrator

Yes i have made this mistake, it is not the stainless steel port., that is E2. It must be E0 as Yan mentioned.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Aruba Employee

If it can get an IP address through its E0 port, it should broadcast the instant SSID.
Community Administrator

It needs an IP before broadcasting the configuration SSID. You will be able to manage, I have a similar lab set-up.

Connect to the Instant SSID then try to navagate to a page then you will be redirected to the login.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Occasional Contributor I

that did it thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: