Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

new aruba head

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  new aruba head

Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:03 PM
    hi all. im looking at aruba kit and i have a customer swearing he has to have AP205's not AIP's but to my knowledge the AIP has more functionality. has anyone had this before. or know anything the AP has over the aip's

#AirheadsMobile
    #ALE

• 2.  RE: new aruba head

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:06 PM
    What kit are you referring to? 

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: new aruba head

Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:12 PM
    ap205 and instant 205's sorry. but customer says instant wont fit the requirement. and only the std ap205. but to my knowlege the instant has an std ap mode.

#AirheadsMobile

• 4.  RE: new aruba head
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:17 PM
    Instant can be converted to a controller-based AP. 

Sent from Nine

• 5.  RE: new aruba head
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:20 PM
    this was my thought hence my confusion as to why my customer says he must have the AP not the instant. and was wondering if the AP had a function im missing...

#AirheadsMobile

• 6.  RE: new aruba head

Posted Mar 04, 2016 07:28 PM

The IAP has the added feature of the self-managing Instant OS.

We've stopped buying the non-Instant units, and convert where we use controllers and not where we don't.

The principal benefit being that I can keep one spare to replace any failed unit rather than one of each.

The side benefit is that I see some of our controller based installations going Instant in the future and all I'll have to do is convert back and set a few bits in the VC and I'm done - vs. physically replacing all of them.

Only downside is you have to have a controlelr license for the converted IAP and you have to power up the IAP and click a few bits to convert it - not that bad.