Higher Education

last person joined: 17 days ago 

Got questions on how to enable mobility in education? Submit them here!
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Report Generation Question

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AirWave Report Generation Question

Posted Mar 03, 2015 04:31 PM

Finally got my full license and am trying to set up some new reports. How can I create a user session reports based off of specific access points?

For example  - our library wants to know WIFI user stats for their area. So I would like to run a user session report based off of the 6 access points in the library. In Airwave currently all APs are in the default Access Point group.

Anyone have any advice?

• 2.  RE: AirWave Report Generation Question

Posted Mar 03, 2015 04:44 PM
    I suggest creating folders and moving your APs into specific folders like Library, Gym, Common area, etc.

Then in the report you can define the AMP group and folder you want to run the report against.
    This will allow you to somewhat get granular with what you want available in your report.

• 3.  RE: AirWave Report Generation Question

Posted Mar 03, 2015 05:18 PM

Scott,

Pasquale is right about the folders, that is going to be the easiest way to report on a particular set of APs.

Here are some screenshots for the process:

1) Create a folder:

AMP_Reports0.JPG

2) Add a new report definition:

AMP_Reports1.JPG

3) Customize the new report:

AMP_Reports2.JPG

3) Define Folder scope:

AMP_Reports3.JPG

You also need to set the schedule for the report to fit your needs, but the new reports will show up in the "Generated" subtab of Reports when it is run!

Hope that helps!

Aaron

• 4.  RE: AirWave Report Generation Question

Posted Mar 04, 2015 09:39 AM
    I think an alternative may be better... I find folders are useful to group devices for which you find will always need to be isolated/identified separately. If you simply have a customer wanting a report, click the "Modify Devices" button in the list of devices, checkbox the devices, and then send those to a report.

• 5.  RE: AirWave Report Generation Question

Posted Mar 04, 2015 10:37 AM

Ryan,

That solution works as well, especially for ad-hoc reporting.

As you said, folders are for groupings that may need be to sperate for reporting purposes long-term. Folders allow you to keep a report the same even if the devices inside the folder change due to upgrades/expansion, etc.

The multiple options show off just how flexible the product is. :)

Aaron

• 6.  RE: AirWave Report Generation Question

Posted Mar 04, 2015 04:45 PM

Thanks guys, much appreciated!!!