Location Services

last person joined: 9 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Meridian Maps

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Meridian Maps

Posted Sep 12, 2017 07:12 AM

Hi All,

I have been appointed the Meridian deployment guy at my workplace. With my Meridian deployment I am looking to do much of the work myself.

My question is with regards to vectorising the maps. How do I vectorise the maps myself?

I have read online and online forums say that all I need to do is open the floor plan in Adobe Illustrator and save the file. Can you guys confirm if you are able to vectorise the maps on your own ? Is someone from Aruba able to confirm the process they use?

#LocationServices
    #ALE
    #Meridian

• 2.  RE: Meridian Maps
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2017 01:11 AM

Hi,

Vectorizing a map yourself will take up a lot of effort, better keep it through the Meridian team. 

That being said, you can do some work on vectorizing a map yourself, but there are a lot of layers (the map advanced formatting on Meridian will give you an idea: http://docs.meridianapps.com/developers/map_layer_styling) that you would have to pay attention to and format and set in the right order. Assuming you have the right map vectorized, you will still need to save it in the right format and upload it using the Meridian maps APIs.

A good start would be to download an already vectorized map, check it out and edit it, then upload it to a new building to test your results.

Otherwise, stick to vectorizing through the Meridian team by creating your building/floor and then requesting the conversion by sending an email with your map file and map ID reference that you've created - instructions appear when you create that new floor on Meridian (it's free as long as you have an active subscription).

#ALE
    #LocationServices
    #Meridian