Location Services

last person joined: 9 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

The band steering in balance or prefer mode, only work in smartphones, is it normal?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  The band steering in balance or prefer mode, only work in smartphones, is it normal?

Posted Jul 03, 2014 11:13 AM

Hi all,

I have some problems in special modes of  band steering in diferent devices. When I select "force 5GHz" mode of course all the devices, that they can, are conected in 5GHz, but when i select balance mode and prefer mode, I didn't understand what happen. Only change the band smartphones,  the laptops dosen't change de band to 5GHz

Is it normal? the band steering specifications dosen't says anything about espcial devices.

Thanks for all,

• 2.  RE: The band steering in balance or prefer mode, only work in smartphones, is it normal?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2014 11:30 AM

Are the laptops 5ghz capable?  If not, they will not be forced to that band.  If you see something else happening, please open a TAC case.