Location Services

last person joined: 9 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM?

Posted Jun 11, 2014 06:33 AM

i have a project for a college campus which is all covered with AP-225 and we will add Clearpass onboarding services. the students will be handled windows 8/8.1 tablet (dell venue 11). is there a solution that can help me disbale the acameras on them?

i suggested integrating CP onboarding service with an MDM (mobileiron - Xenmobile - airwatch).

Mobileiron are not sure they can do it. citrix said they can do it on all mobile devices including windows 8 phones but not the TABLETS. And haven't contacted VmWare for airwatch yet, as i am not sure they can do it.

anyone can help as it is a hot opportunity and a huge project for me

• 2.  RE: can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2014 08:31 AM

Are they going to be joined to the domain?

How to disable an integrated webcam using GPO

• 3.  RE: can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM?

Posted Jun 11, 2014 10:32 AM

I have not tried this before you could try identifying the process use to run the camera and If you use Onguard in the posture plugin config you set it to be stopped .

But not 100% if this could work.

2014-06-11 10_31_25-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

• 4.  RE: can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2014 10:55 AM
    Are these devices going to be joined to your AD domain? If so, you could disable it via Group Policy.

• 5.  RE: can i disable camera feature on windows 8/8.1 tablets (Dell venue) using Clearpass Onboard + MDM?

Posted Jun 11, 2014 05:28 PM
    Yes

They are students tablets provided by the university, so it will be used for educational reasons only

So they will join the domain and AD

Thanks and regards,

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF07AE.7721C700]

Ahmed El-Motaz
    Product Manager (Dell – Aruba )
    Solution Architect Department.
    Jeraisy Computer & Communication Services
    Cellular: +966 (0) 555177369
    Office: +966 (0)1 4198000 (Ext. 1081)
    Fax:. +966 (0)1 4192762
    Email: ataha@jeraisy.com
    ataha@jccs.com.sa