Introduction : Starting from ArubaOS 7.3.1, the Mobility Access Switch can be provisioned with the AirWave parameters through DHCP. To achieve this, DHCP options 60 and 43 are used to transmit the AirWave configuration parameters.
To avoid conflicts with Aruba Instant AP deployments, the Mobility Access Switch uses the same DHCP option 60 value (ArubaInstantAP), to first check if DHCP option 43 contains AirWave configuration parameters.
Feature Notes :
2) If option 60 is not offered or does not match the value ArubaInstantAP, then the Mobility Access Switch ignores option 43 and initiates the Activate based Zero Touch Provisioning.
Network Topology : Airwave <---> Aruba Mobility Switch <------> IAP Network
Configuration Steps :
- Group maps to Device Group in AirWave.
- Group:Top-Folder:Sub-Folder maps to Folder information for the device.
- AMP IP is the AirWave IP.
- Pre shared secret is the shared secret between AirWave and the device.
If the option 43 string is Acme:Store1,192.168.1.10,aruba123 the following group and folder structure is created on AMP:
- A group with the name, Acme is created.
- A top-level folder with the name, Acme is created.
- A sub-folder with the name, Store1 is created.
- AirWave IP is 192.168.1.10.
- Pre shared secret is aruba123.
So here the AP will get the IP address and get the option 43 and 60 from the DHCP server. By using this option it will communicate the Airwave Server and try to create a domain with folder and come up in the Airwave Server.