This article describes the process for installing on RHEL 5.3. This currently applies to all AMP versions after 6.2.3 (i.e. 6.3.x and beyond). For our purpose - this is based on doing the installation in TEXT mode (for GUI mode, please see the following for the installation instructions: http://kb.airwave.com/?sid=50140000000Zyvw)
AWMS 6.4 and 6.3 support a RHEL 5.3 installation. RHEL 5.4 is scheduled to be supported in AWMS 7.1.
For SAN or LVM:
"You can only edit LVM volume groups in GUI installation mode. In text installation mode, you can assign mount points to existing logical volumes."
1. Download the RedHat Install CDs from rhn.redhat.com
2. Burn the CDs
3. Boot off of the first CD and select the **TEXT** option
4. Select English for the two language options
5. Enter the installation number
6. Auto partition (suggested)
7. Assign a static IP address and set gateway/netmask
8. Pick timezone
9. Customize the package installation now
10. Unselect everything but editors, text based internet, web server
11. Put in the appropriate CDs.
12. After it boots you will get a menu. Configure the firewall options and disable the firewall and selinux.
13. Install AMP rpm file (contact email@example.com for the link to the latest rpm file on our web server). It will have the form of:
# rpm -Uvh AMP-6.x.x.rpm
# rpm -Uvh AMP-6.3.7.rpm
14. rhn_register to get yum working.
15. Run the yum install to install needed packages:
* yum install perl-Digest-HMAC
* yum install compat-readline43
* yum install lm_sensors
* yum install libtool-ltdl
* yum install xinetd
* yum install postfix
* yum install vsftpd
* yum install subversion-perl
* yum install openssl097a
16. Remove rpm:
* rpm -e sendmail
17. Run amp-install
At this point, you can follow the steps in the QuickStart Guide found at http://www.airwave.com/support/download/.
Some Known Gotchas:
During amp-install, when auto-populating, some versions of RedHat will require you to input the Gateway again (as the location of the Gateway line moved to /etc/sysconfig/network).