Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

APPRF - Airwave & IAP VC Reports

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  APPRF - Airwave & IAP VC Reports

Posted Aug 04, 2017 02:49 AM

Hey guys, 

Was hoping you could provide some info/guidance with reagrds to the reporting in Airwave - specifically with the traffic analytics feature - a.k.a appRF.

In hte topology we have IAPs setup in cluster and airwave is linked.  In reporting, we have an appRF report that runs.

This report, as you know, will show the top applications and users.  However, I was asked by my client if it is possible to see more details and to create a report that will show the detailed usage of a client on the wifi.

To my knowledge, in this setup, with the IAP and airwave, it is functioning as is = a very basic traffic analysis tool.  To have more features and control, you will need to purchase a 7000/7200 series wifi controller with the PEFNG license.

Am I correct in this asumption ?  Or is there more that can be inspected with the IAP/Airwave combo ?

• 2.  RE: APPRF - Airwave & IAP VC Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 07:42 AM

Hi,

We have client session and network usage report  which provide usage of clients

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: APPRF - Airwave & IAP VC Reports

Posted Aug 07, 2017 04:18 AM

Hi Pavan, 

I am aware of the client and session usage reports.  That is not what I am after.

Is it possible to have APPRF report on more than the top 3 ?  surely this content is avaialble as APPRF collates and uses the data to present the top 3. 

My client wants to have further detailed information with regards to the traffic analytics that Airwave utilizes via AppRF.

Any ideas ?

• 4.  RE: APPRF - Airwave & IAP VC Reports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2017 04:54 AM

Hi,

Currently we show only Top 3 Applications for Top 10 Users in reports, I would recommand to file feature request.

Regards,

pavan