Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Re: AirWave 8.2.4 NO CLI

Following up on the cipher list/change.  There should also be a method of specifying the Diffie-Hellman key length.  This was previously done by using openssl to generate a new dhparams.pem file.

Leaving it in for one version or adding a switch is as if not securing it at all. It doesn't fly to have two versions (one locked and one open) and then try to attain high security certifications (FIPS, UCAPL, CC, XXAPL, etc). 

If you are having issues with TAC, you can certainly escalate. 

I get you're frustrated, but it is what it is at this point. We have avenues in place to support you, but again it's your call whether you want to engage or not. If there are any further questions, I'm happy to answer what I can to help, but otherwise if it's just to state you're unhappy (which I get), there's not much more I can do. Thanks

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer

mforrest, that's a good tip, one we hope to add in a future version. For now, most of the secure ciphers are allowed. I don't know if they will make it available to add the unsecure ciphers, most of what will be allowed will be what are NIST approved (that everyone should be using as the base-line available certs anyway heh). 

Jerrod Howard

Thanks for not giving a crap.

I will no longer recommend Airwave to any of our customers.

Since we are unable to support it and noting works after the 8.2.4 crap.

So, I opened up quite a few TAC cases yesterday.

They mentioned that 90% of all new cases was related to this crap.

They were unable to find a solution to the upgrade and web password reset problem.

The SSH server they recommended for uploading files did not work.

They later mention that it might only work on mac or Linux. Siad & done. SSH server install on Linux aaaaaand same problem.

I cannot upgrade the Airwave and I am still locked out due to the password screwup from Aruba.

Still a good product? Nope

If you want to IM me (or post here either way) all your TAC cases, I can escalate them internally for you (unless you're completely done with Aruba and then I won't waste your time). Linux generally doesn't need an SSH server to be installed, with Mac you just need to enable it (it's disabled by default). BitVise is what I use for Windows. 

Jerrod Howard
New Contributor

So... I'm trying to fix wrong timezone and it only can be fixed via CLI, which I don't have since I'm running 8.2.4.

Next thought was that maybe, just maybe there is a newer version of Airwave that has fixed this already and alas, there is. Spanking new 8.2.4.1! So, as a happy chap I am, started upgrade via ampcli (since it is the only option I have) and then there is 'Run fix_missing_indices' error and upgrade is aborted. How the hell I'm supposed to run anything since there is no CLI, just ampcli, which don't listen, just talks?

Any ideas on this? Anyone?

Aruba Employee

Hi ,

We need to run fix_missing_indices scirp to fix this issue for that we need root CLI access. Please open TAC ticket.

Regards,

Pavan

Occasional Contributor I

Have to call TAC for all issues now.

Aruba, 

A suggestion:

When you release a new version ensure you have the manual fully built upgrade path from 8.2.4 to 8.2.4.1 is not documented. This shows the lack of support you give to customers and the reason why customers want full access to system. We don't have the time to call TAC for all the minor issues.

Tried with several.

Aruba TAC also provided me with a server. Worked great with any client (Filezilla, Flashfxp) but guess what it did not work with? Airwave. 8.2.4 is still haunting me and I am really not happy trying to get out of it.

Also, for the love of god. Please update the HPE support portal with the new releases so you accually can download software from there. Having the option when only 8.2.3 is availible is meaningless. How is testing and quality done at Aruba these days? Can you give me a heads up on that?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: